Two things. One, I'm painting our kitchen cabinets! I started a couple of days ago and hope to be done by the time my fall semester starts next Wednesday. And two, the local kids go back to school today... and it's raining. I just dropped Hubsey off at the train station and I saw a lot of sad faces waiting under umbrellas for the bus. Bummer.
I don't need to buy a lot of supplies anymore (tragically), but it's still fun to look at school-related things just because.
1. Mid Century Desk - I already have a desk, but that doesn't mean I can't drool over the legs on this one. And the hardware! I love it when things still have their original parts. ($300)
2. Globe - I've seen Wendy Gold's work before, but I can't remember if I've ever written about it. If not, here it is! Customized globes-as-art. This example is personalized for an anniversary, and I love the white script against the black ocean. ($450)
3. Card Catalog - Basically, I want a library in my house. I probably have enough books that I could use an index of some kind, and this happy yellow would brighten up any room. ($525)
4. Notebook - Okay, this one is a legit need. I'm a member of the to-do list club, anyway, but I also take a lot of notes in class. And this was completely unintentional, but the pink and gold match the... ($5)
5. Pencils - I'll need something for writing in my notebook, obviously. Holla! I bought another set of Heidi's pencils for a relative's birthday and he thought they were hysterical. She'll do custom messages, so definitely keep these in mind for the holidays. ($4.50)
Anybody else miss getting a hoard of supplies every fall? Has school started in your neighborhood yet? Are you taking any classes yourself? (I'm increasing my course load and am freaking out a little. Gaaah.) What's your favorite thing here?